1555 Bedford Ave, Brooklyn, NYeflowusa
In a major redevelopment project, century-old Bedford Union Armory at 1555 Bedford Avenue in Crown Heights, gets 13 stories of rental apartments, a recreation center, community event space and commercial space. The 138,000-square-foot building was built for Troop C, a calvary unit, in 1903 and used by the military until 2011, when its 130 soldiers were relocated to Fort Hamilton. The city acquired the vacant property between Union and President Streets in 2013 and released an RFP to revamp the building later that year. BFC Partners and the NYC Economic Development Corporation took on the project. 4″ eFlow-Constant Airflow Regulators at 25 CFM and 50 CFM were installed in the 13 story, 354 unit rental apartment building for automatically balanced ventilation, high indoor air quality and energy savings.
Installation of eFlow-CAR was undertaken by Aircraft Air Conditioning Corp.
eFlow-CAR is a simple solution to balancing ventilation systems. Constant Airflow Regulator is a device that automatically regulates airflows in ventilation systems to constant levels. The passive control element responds to duct pressure, and requires no electric sensors, pneumatic sensors or controls. eFlow-CARs promote high indoor air quality and energy savings.
- UL 2043 Classified
- Composed of fire resistant UL 94 ABS plastic
- Diameters offered: 3”, 4″, 5”, 6”, 8″, 10″
- Operating Pressure Range: 0.08 to 2.4 in w.g. (20-600Pa)
- Airflow settings: 15-765 CFM
- Temperature Limits: -22° to 140°F (-30° to 60°C)
- Suitable for both supply and exhaust applications
- No external power supply needed
- Field Adjustable CFM set point
- Capable of maintaining constant airflow within +- 5% for nominal airflow throughout the target operating pressure range of 0.08 to 2.4 in.
- Standard for Energy Efficient Compliance